At McDonagh’s, we have been tantalising the tastebuds of both visitors and locals alike for four generations. Established in 1902, we bring over 115 years of knowledge to serving the best seafood and have earned a reputation as one of Ireland’s finest seafood houses.
It all started with Colman McDonagh, or Cogar as he was known, moving to Quay Street in Galway City from Carraroe in 1902. Cogar raised his six children there and his son Coley took a great interest in the business. Later, Coley and his wife Margaret took over the business and also raised their children on Quay Street.
Coleys’ son PJ runs the business today with his wife Mary and their 4 sons.